Sunday, March 28, 2010

Celeb Tease Matt Damon at The 24th American Cinematheque Award

Matt Damon took some serious ribbing Saturday night when he was honored in Beverly Hills with the 24th American Cinematheque Award.

"He doesn't deserve this award," Damon's pal Jimmy Kimmel teasingly told PEOPLE. "I don't know who they weren't able to get, but I'd go with Tom Selleck before I'd go with Matt Damon."

Sarah Silverman, who joked that she gave Damon, 39, "his first really big break" with their crudely funny 2008 viral video hit (Vid is Below), said she was going to have a hard time roasting him.

Damon also took some barbs from his best friend Ben Affleck – and Affleck's wife, Jennifer Garner.

"Ben is half of one of the greatest love stories ever told. Not with me," Garner said. "The actual prototype for the great Hollywood Bromance . . . Here's proof that love is alive and well in Hollywood. At least for my darling husband and my husband's darling husband."

Cracked Affleck: "Matt always said to me, 'Ben, there are two things that are more important to me than anything else in this world.' Folks: fame, money. You did it, Matty! You got there!"

A good-natured Damon took it all in stride.

0 comments:

Post a Comment