Monday, April 12, 2010

Adebayor quits Togo; ends international career

African soccer star Emmanuel Adebayor has revealed that he is quitting international football in the wake of the deadly gun attack on the Togo team bus in Angola in January.

Adebayor was national captain, but said on Monday that he no longer wanted to represent his country following the events which saw two people killed and several injured after rebels fired on the bus en route to the Africa Cup of Nations.

"I have made the very difficult decision to retire from international football," the 26-year-old striker told the Web site of his English club Manchester City.

"I have weighed up my feelings in the weeks and months since the attack, and I am still haunted by the events which I witnessed on that horrible afternoon on the Togo team bus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment